OEA works to help improve members’ bottom line, including providing access to resources, financial planning tools, and discounts exclusively available to and designed for the needs of educators.
Here are some of the ways OEA membership helps educators save money and plan for their financial future - take advantage of these membership benefits today!
- Resources to help members determine if they are eligible for student loan forgiveness including loan forgiveness workshops.
- Tools to help educators plan for retirement, make investments and maximize benefits, including financial fitness workshops and retirement counseling.
- Auto discounts, including vehicle purchasing plans, auto repair tools and discounts, protection and insurance plans, and discounts on car rentals.
- Resources and assistance programs to help members make better informed financial decisions, including tips for maximizing savings accounts, getting out of debt, and planning for unexpected expenses.
- Every day retail discounts on school supplies, electronics and software (including Apple and Microsoft products), apparel, toys, appliances and even movie tickets.
- Educators Employment Liability Insurance covers defense of members in civil and criminal suits brought against them arising out of employment-related issues.
- Discounts on travel including airfare, attractions, and stays at hotels and resorts.
- Cash back rewards on groceries with the NEA credit card, Costco membership deals, and discounts at hundreds of restaurants.
- Free classroom resources including e-readers, digital resources and lesson plans through PBS Learning Media, free passes to national parks for students and educators, access to OpenEd materials.
- Legal protections for many employment-related matters through our Legal Defense Program (LDP). LDP handles more than 400 cases each year, ranging from dismissals, transfers, discrimination and ULPs to recognition issues and complex arbitrations. Assistance is requested through the UniServ Consultant.
Click here to learn more about all the financial resources provided exclusively for OEA members.