Educators are learning and applying new skills rapidly in response to the emergency closure of Oregon’s schools. OEA’s Center for Great Public Schools is compiling various resources to help support members as they support students and families. Check back regularly for updates in these categories and, if you have resources to share, please contact the Center for Great Public Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, check out the OEA Events Calendar for professional learning opportunities related to distance and virtual learning from trusted education organizations, and visit our Grow.oregoned.org site to read our OEA member blog and learn about OEA led professional learning.
- Oregon Open Learning
A hub for open educational resources curated and created for and by Oregon educators.
- Oregon Department for Education: Ready Schools Safe Learners 2020-21
This landing page includes access to all documents, guidance and resources for education for the 2020-21 school year including educational resources, operational guidance, and more.
- Oregon Department of Education Supports for Schools
This landing page includes resources for instruction, mental health support, nutrition and more related to operating schools during this global pandemic.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
The national organization for professional teaching standards holds regular webinars and posts topic specific resources for educators to access.
- Teaching Digital and Civic Literacy Skills
Teaching Tolerance has several resources to help students navigate the digital world safely and appropriately.
- New Teacher Center Resource and Community Support Hub
Interactive communities of practice and ongoing webinars on supporting students.
- ASCD: Professional Learning & Community for Educators
ASCD has a number of free resources for educators on issues like building racial justice and equity, coronavirus and schools, and classroom management.
- Learning Forward webinar series and blog posts
The leading organization for professional learning in education has a dedicated resource section for educators.
- Learning Policy Institute’s Learning in the Time of COVID-19 blog
This blog, hosted by the non-profit founded by Linda Darling-Hammond, covers a wide range of topics relevant to educators.
- Oregon Student Voice Project
ODE has launched an Elevating the Voices of Young People and Children project that has lesson plan and project ideas for educators to do with students and is sharing those stories at every ODE meeting and online.
Mental Health/Social Emotional Learning
- ODE support for student mental health for school counselors and other mental health professionals.
- ODE's Suicide Prevention and Student Wellness Resources
- Neurosequential Network COVID-19 Resources
Dr. Bruce Perry, a leader in trauma informed education, posts short videos, interviews and resources related to stress, distress, and trauma.
- The Well-Being Series
This series of webinars, hosted by the Mental health Technology Transfer Center Network, includes webinars for educators, families, and students and focuses on a variety of topics.
- Trauma Informed Oregon
This Oregon non-profit offers virtual office hours each week, wellness information, and links to community resources.
Meeting the Needs of All Learners
- ODE Support for Students with Disabilities
Access to Resources for Supporting Students Experiencing Disability
- Ensuring Equity and Access
This document provides requirements, recommendations, and resources to support learning for students who experience disabilities and students served through Federal Title Grant Programs.
- U.S. Department of Education Q&A
This policy document answers many questions educators have. It is lengthy and dense; this FAQ from the non-profit Understood helps break down the guidance into digestible language.
- FACT Oregon This Oregon non-profit offers a resource page, webinars, and a peer support line.
- Council for Exceptional Children
This non-profit has complied free resources to support students and their families.
- Mexico’s Ministry of Education
The ministry has made its Spanish language education resources available publicly.
Legal and Ethical Resources
- OEA's Legal Memo re: Child Abuse Reporting
- TSPC Ethical Guidance for the Distance Learning Environment
- ODE What to Do if You Suspect Child Abuse
- U.S. Department of Education Guide to Student Privacy
- U.S. Department of Education FERPA and Virtual Learning
- FERPA and Virtual Learning Webinar (recording)