Benefits of OEA-Retired
There are many reasons to join OEA-Retired, including:
- Opportunity to stay involved.
- Access to OEA and NEA expertise.
- OEA-Retired newsletter on current retiree issues and activities in Oregon.
- OEA-Retired committees that monitor and report on legislative and political action, health care issues, and PERS activities.
- Social gatherings, travel opportunities, dining events and wine tours.
- NEA liability coverage while substituting.
- Access to NEA Special Services (insurance, magazine, etc.).
- No annual fee NEA-Retired credit card.
- Regular publications from OEA and NEA (including special retiree information).
- Representation at OEA/OCESP and NEA decision-making levels.
- Opportunity to participate and vote at OEA-Retired fall and spring general meetings.
What's In it for All of Us?
- Educated, caring colleagues sharing collective wisdom.
- A collective voice in influencing the direction of state and national education policy.
- Power to help elect candidates that support public education.
- Strength in numbers increases effectiveness of state and national lobbying efforts.