You’re invited to the 2020 Awards Banquet at OEA-RA. We hope you’ll join your fellow delegates at the annual celebration, where we enjoy each other’s company and honor those who have made extraordinary contributions to OEA and to education in Oregon. The Awards Banquet is offered to delegates and honorees at no charge.
DATE: Saturday evening, April 18, 2020
TIME: 6:30 pm, no-host cocktails; 7:30 pm, dinner & awards ceremony
WHERE: The Mount St. Helens Ballroom at the Red Lion on the River
DRESS: Most attendees and honorees dress semi-formally or in business dress
Critical things to understand about this process!
You may register yourself only.
The deadline for registering for the Banquet online is April 3, 2020.
Once you are registered, your ticket will be available to pick up on Friday, April 17 during evening registration at the Information Table.
Please remember that member dues pay for this event. Please do not register until you are sure you plan to attend. OEA will be providing local presidents with a list of their members who have requested a banquet ticket. If you decide not to attend, you will need to notify Erika Marion by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, so your reservation can be canceled by April 3 or turn in your ticket at OEA RA to the Information Table by 3 pm on Saturday, April 18. If you do not return your ticket and do not attend the banquet, your local will receive an invoice for the cost of your banquet ticket ($49.60).
WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION rather than plan to give your ticket away at the RA.
WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION if your plans change and you aren’t able to attend the RA.
It will be general seating (not assigned).
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is entitled to a complimentary banquet ticket?
- Delegates (Note: alternate delegates who did not actually perform service at RA are not entitled to a free ticket)
- Award recipients and their guests
- Members of the OEA Board of Directors
- Governance committee members who have provided service at the RA
May I bring a paying guest?
You may sign up for a ticket or tickets for guests by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. These tickets will be available for pick-up at the Information table in the Ballroom foyer at the Red Lion on Saturday. Payment will be due in advance. The price of ticket is $49.60 for the buffet dinner.
Can I attend if I don't have a ticket?
No. You must have a ticket to attend. You will need a ticket to enter the banquet room.
Will you be distributing returned/unneeded banquet tickets to people who may want an extra free ticket?
No. We will be keeping track of returned tickets in order to offer these seats to delegates who did not originally sign up for the banquet.
What do I do with my ticket if I have a last-minute change in plans and cannot attend the banquet?
Please turn your ticket into Erika Marion or the information table at RA.
If I am a delegate but I do not sign up now, can I change my mind at RA and get a ticket?
Come to the information table and if space permits we will help you obtain a ticket.
What's on the Menu?
Rose City, featuring:
- Boneless Short Ribs (gluten-free/dairy free) – red wine demi glazed
- Chicken Thighs (gluten-free/dairy free) - braised chicken thighs, leeks, fire roasted artichokes
- Roasted Garlic Mashed potatoes (vegetarian)
- Caramelized wild mushroom quinoa (vegetarian)
- Caesar Salad (gluten-free and vegetarian)
- Northwest Kale Salad (gluten-free and vegetarian) – spinach, kale, roasted applies, grapes, toasted walnuts, currants, caramelized shallot dressing
- Sun-dried tomato pasta salad (vegetarian) – feta, kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, arugula, dried tomato pesto dressing
- Fresh artisan baked bread
- Roasted vegetables
- Assorted display of desserts
The buffet menu will accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian dietary restrictions. If you’re a vegan, you will need to sign up for a vegan plated dinner and you will receive a special ticket for your meal at the banquet.