OEA's National Board Jump Start is a comprehensive, multi-day seminar designed to provide National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, gather resources and information needed to pursue certification. All this happens in a supportive, constructive, and collegial environment led by Oregon and Washington National Board Certified Teachers. This summer, Jump Start will take place fully online!
There are six seminar modules that complete the full suite of the Jump Start Seminar series. OEA highly recommends that you complete the entire full suite in the series. (TSPC reimbursement for the cost of the Jump Start Seminar and participation in the OEA NBC Opportunity Grant require completion of a full suite of modules.).
Participants will receive 30 PDUs for completing a full suite of modules.
Full Suite of Jump Start Series
- Foundations 1 (Introduction to National Board Standards, getting organized) Required before any other modules.
- Component 1 (Content Knowledge)
- Component 2 (Differentiation in Instruction)
- Component 3 (Teaching Practice and Learning Environment)
- Component 4 (Effective and Reflective Practitioner)
- Foundations 2 (National Board Mapping, like certificate area meetings with NBCTs)
Cost: $50 for the entire full series (OEA members only)
- Required entry into course series: Foundations 1 course
- Select as many of the remaining 5 modules (C1, C2, C3, C4, Foundations 2) as you like for the flat $50 registration fee
- Up to 30 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Hours can be earned for those attending all 6 modules
- You will be able to register for each training module of your choice as long as you take Foundations 1 first.
- Foundation 1 (Required to attend any other Components)
- July 27th (8:30 am - noon)
- August 10th (8:30 am - noon)
- Component 1
- August 13 (1:00 - 4:00 pm)
- Component 2
- July 27 (1:00 - 4:30 pm)
- August 10 (1:00 - 4:30 pm)
- Component 3
- August 11 (8:30 am - noon)
- Component 4
- August 13 (8:30 am - noon)
- Foundation 2
- July 31 (8:30 am - 2:00 pm, includes lunch break)
- August 14 (8:30 am - 2:00 pm, includes lunch break)