In this moderated conversation, five teacher educator scholars who have been part of the Teacher Education Collective discuss new theoretical perspectives, frameworks and principles for the development and preparation of anti-racist teachers. The collective consists of university-based professional teacher educators committed to the field of teacher education for its potential in realizing the promise of public education and who see teaching and teacher education as complex endeavors integrally tied to issues of justice.
- Dorinda Carter Andrews, Michigan State University
- Ilana Horn, Vanderbilt University
- Kevin Roxas, Western Washington University (moderator)
- Jamy Stillman, University of Colorado Boulder
- Mariana Souto-Manning, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Manka Varghese, University of Washington
Location / Venue