The Early Math Symposium is a professional development opportunity jointly sponsored by the California Department of Education, the California State Board of Education, the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, First Five California, WestEd, the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association, the Fresno County Superintendent of Schools, the AIMS Center for Math and Science, and the California Early Math Project.
This year’s virtual Early Math Symposium will focus on fun, creativity, and discovery while supporting the mathematical development of all young children!
Join us for these early learning breakout sessions:
- Math is Everywhere
- Effective Online Professional Learning
- Math and Art
- Family Math Nights
- Early Math for Infants and Toddlers
- Talking with Young Children about Math
- Bringing Language and Math Instruction Together: How best to support young dual language learners (DLLs) in their mathematical journey
- What’s the Big Idea? Foundational math for 3- to 6-year olds
- STEAM Installations for Home, Care Centers and Classrooms
- “More, More, More,” Said the Baby: How language and math work together in the thinking of infants and toddlers
- Let’s Play and Learn Together! Games engage ALL children and families in math thinking
- The Math/Literature Connection
Click here to register!
Location / Venue