RA Awards Banquet
You’re invited to the 2018 Awards Banquet at OEA-RA. We hope you’ll join your fellow delegates at the annual celebration, where we enjoy each other’s company and honor those who have made extraordinary contributions to OEA and to education in Oregon. The Awards Banquet is offered to delegates and honorees at no charge.
DATE: Saturday evening, April 28, 2018
TIME: 6:30 pm, no-host cocktails; 7:30 pm, dinner & awards ceremony.
WHERE: The Mt. St. Helens Ballroom at the Red Lion on the River
DRESS: Most attendees and honorees dress semi-formally or in business dress.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY. This will help you through the registration steps and get your ticket to the banquet.
ONCE YOU REGISTER, YOUR TICKET WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU AT THE RA AT THE INFORMATION TABLE
Critical things to understand about this process:
- You may register yourself only.
- The deadline for registering for the Banquet online is April 16, 2018.
- Please remember that member dues pay for this event. Please do not register until you are sure you plan to attend. OEA will be providing local presidents with a list of their members who have requested a banquet ticket. If you decide not to attend, you will need to notify Erika Marion by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, so your reservation can be canceled by April 16 or turn in your ticket at OEA RA to the information table by 3 pm on Saturday, April 28. If you do not return your ticket and do not attend the banquet, your local will receive an invoice for the cost of your banquet ticket ($49.20).
- WE ASK THAT YOU CANCEL A RESERVATION rather than plan to give your ticket away at the RA.
- WE ASK THAT YOU CANCEL A RESERVATION if you find that you will not be attending RA at all.
It will be general seating (not assigned)
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO IS ENTITLED TO A COMPLIMENTARY BANQUET TICKET?
- Delegates (Note: alternate delegates who did not actually perform service at RA are not entitled to a free ticket)
- Award recipients and their guests
- Members of the OEA Board of Directors
- Governance committee members who have provided service at OEA-RA
MAY I BRING A PAYING GUEST?
You may sign up for a ticket or tickets for guests by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. These tickets will be available for pick-up at the Information table in the Ballroom foyer at the Red Lion on Saturday. Payment will be due in advance. The price of each ticket is $49.20 for the plated dinner.
CAN I ATTEND IF I DON’T HAVE A TICKET?
No. You must have a ticket to attend.
WILL YOU BE DISTRIBUTING RETURNED/UN-NEEDED BANQUET TICKETS TO PEOPLE WHO MAY WANT AN EXTRA FREE TICKET?
No. We will be keeping track of returned tickets in order to offer these seats to delegates who did not originally sign up for the banquet, for extra guests of award recipients, etc.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY TICKET IF I HAVE A LAST MINUTE CHANGE IN PLANS AND CANNOT ATTEND?
Please turn your ticket into Erika Marion or the information table at RA.
IF I AM ENTITLED TO A BANQUET TICKET BUT DON’T SIGN UP NOW, CAN I CHANGE MY MIND AT OEA-RA, AND GET A TICKET THEN?
Come to the information table late Saturday afternoon and if space permits, we will help you obtain a ticket.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
You will need to choose one of the following menu items since it’s a plated dinner. The only special requests that can be accommodated are Vegetarian/Vegans; Dairy Free and Gluten Free. If you require one of these dishes, please choose the appropriate meal and a special colored ticket will be given to you at the RA. Once you order your meal, no changes can be made at the banquet.
Please choose one:
- Roasted Chicken (Gluten free) – airline breast, figs, asparagus, chicken jus, root vegetable hash
- Boneless Short Rib (Gluten free) – red wine demi, creamy polenta, asiago, roasted vegetables
- Roasted Chicken (Dairy Free) - airline breast, figs, asparagus, chicken jus, root vegetable hash
- Boneless Short Rib (Dairy free) - red wine demi, creamy polenta, asiago, roasted vegetables
- Roasted Chicken (Gluten & Dairy free) – airline breast, figs, asparagus, chicken jus, root vegetable hash
- Boneless Short Rib (Gluten & Dairy free) – red wine demi, creamy polenta, asiago, roasted vegetables
- Vegetarian/Vegans – Chef’s Choice
All dinners will come with fresh artisan baked bread, garden salad, tuxedo truffle cake and coffee and tea upon request.