RA Awards Banquet
You’re invited to the 2019 Awards Banquet at OEA-RA. We hope you’ll join your fellow delegates at the annual celebration, where we enjoy each other’s company and honor those who have made extraordinary contributions to OEA and to education in Oregon. The Awards Banquet is offered to delegates and honorees at no charge.
DATE: Saturday evening, April 27, 2019
TIME: 6:30 pm, no-host cocktails; 7:30 pm, dinner & awards ceremony.
WHERE: The Mt. St. Helens Ballroom at the Red Lion on the River
DRESS: Most attendees and honorees dress semi-formally or in business dress.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY. This will help you through the registration steps and get your ticket to the banquet.
ONCE YOU REGISTER, YOUR TICKET WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU AT THE RA AT THE INFORMATION TABLE
Critical things to understand about this process:
- You may register yourself only.
- The deadline for registering for the Banquet online is April 12, 2019.
- Please remember that member dues pay for this event. Please do not register until you are sure you plan to attend. OEA will be providing local presidents with a list of their members who have requested a banquet ticket. If you decide not to attend, you will need to notify Erika Marion by e-mail email@example.com, so your reservation can be canceled by April 12 or turn in your ticket at OEA RA to the information table by 3 pm on Saturday, April 27. If you do not return your ticket and do not attend the banquet, your local will receive an invoice for the cost of your banquet ticket ($49.20).
- WE ASK THAT YOU CANCEL A RESERVATION rather than plan to give your ticket away at the RA.
- WE ASK THAT YOU CANCEL A RESERVATION if you find that you will not be attending RA at all.
Seating will be assigned by local association.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO IS ENTITLED TO A COMPLIMENTARY BANQUET TICKET?
- Delegates (Note: alternate delegates who did not actually perform service at RA are not entitled to a free ticket)
- Award recipients and their guests
- Members of the OEA Board of Directors
- Governance committee members who have provided service at OEA-RA
MAY I BRING A PAYING GUEST?
You may sign up for a ticket or tickets for guests by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. These tickets will be available for pick-up at the Information table in the Ballroom foyer at the Red Lion on Saturday. Payment will be due in advance. The price of each ticket is $49.20 for the plated dinner.
CAN I ATTEND IF I DON’T HAVE A TICKET?
No. You must have a ticket to attend.
WILL YOU BE DISTRIBUTING RETURNED/UN-NEEDED BANQUET TICKETS TO PEOPLE WHO MAY WANT AN EXTRA FREE TICKET?
No. We will be keeping track of returned tickets in order to offer these seats to delegates who did not originally sign up for the banquet, for extra guests of award recipients, etc.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY TICKET IF I HAVE A LAST MINUTE CHANGE IN PLANS AND CANNOT ATTEND?
Please turn your ticket into Erika Marion or the information table at RA.
IF I AM ENTITLED TO A BANQUET TICKET BUT DON’T SIGN UP NOW, CAN I CHANGE MY MIND AT OEA-RA, AND GET A TICKET THEN?
Come to the information table late Saturday afternoon and if space permits, we will help you obtain a ticket.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
The buffet menu option will accommodate gluten free and vegetarian dietary restrictions. For vegan dietary restrictions, you will need to sign up for a vegan plated dinner and you will receive a special ticket for your meal at the banquet.
Buffet option will be a Tour of Italy:
- Three cheese ravioli (vegetarian) – alta cucina tomato sauce, fire roasted artichokes
- Chicken Piccata (gluten free) – grilled chicken, lemon caper cream sauce
- Fingerling potatoes with black kale and caramelized onions (vegan)
- Penne Pasta (choice of alfredo, pesto, marinara)
- Caesar Salad (vegetarian)
- Antipasto Salad (gluten free) – arugula, artichoke, roasted red peppers, salami, kalamata olives, pesto dressing
- Spinach Arugula Salad (gluten free and vegetarian) – pickled red onion, grape tomatoes, asiago cheese, sherry vinaigrette
- Fresh artisan baked bread
- Roasted vegetables
- Assorted display of desserts
Vegan option will be Wild Mushroom and Quinoa Risotto with Roasted Squash and Vegetables