The mission of the Oregon Education Association is to unite the public education profession and advocate for those professionals to ensure quality public education for students in Oregon.
- OEA will be the lead advocate for a fully-funded public education system.
- OEA will develop and support leaders who advocate for education, social justice, community and labor issues.
- OEA will organize its members as advocates for professional compensation and benefits, improved working conditions and protection of member rights.
- OEA will be the voice and proponent for professional excellence in public education.
- OEA will be a primary resource for its members’ professional development.
Building a Member-Driven Union
On the right-hand sidebar, you'll find information and resources pertinent to the Oregon Education Association's (and our members') expertise. Familiarize yourself with our key issues - from political involvement around education funding, to the education reform movement. Explore around, get up to speed on the hot-button issues of the day, and become a more informed and empowered member activist.