Benefits of OEA-Retired
There are many reasons to join OEA-Retired, including:
- Access to NEA Special Services (insurance, magazines, et cetera)
- Special NEA-Retired credit card with no annual fee - ever
- Regular publications from NEA and OEA (including special retiree information)
- Representation at OEA/OCESP and NEA decision-making levels
- Opportunity to participate and vote at OEA-Retired's fall and spring general meetings
- Opportunity to stay involved
- Access to OEA and NEA expertise
- OEA-Retired newsletters on current retiree issues in Oregon
- OEA-Retired committees that monitor and report on legislative and political action, health care issues, and PERS benefits
What's In it for All of Us?
- Strength in numbers increases effectiveness when lobbying at the state and national levels
- A collective voice in influencing the direction of state and national education policy
- Educated, caring colleagues sharing collective wisdom
- Power to help elect candidates that support public education.
OEA-Retired Lifetime Membership:
A lifetime membership is available for $500 ($250 to NEA-Retired, $250 to OEA-Retired).
You will never have to pay the national annual dues again $55. Lifetime members receive special benefits such as professional liability insurance when doing substitute work at schools. A special membership card and "planning for retirement" packet are included with your lifetime membership.
Two-Year Payment Plan
- Year one $375 ($250 to NEA-Retired, $125 to OEA-Retired)
- Year two $125 to OEA-Retired
$55 ($30 to OEA-Retired, $25 to NEA-Retired)
Not Yet Retired? Join as a Pre-Retired Member!
As an active OEA/NEA member, you may become a OEA-Retired member for life as a pre-retired subscriber for $500. This can be done with a single payment, or with the following options:
- One-Time Payment of $500
- If you have one more year until your retirement the one year payment option through electronic debit from checking or savings account is: Monthly - 12 payments of $41.67 per month
- Download Pre-Retired Membership application here
How to Join:
Call OEA membership processing at 503-684-3300 or toll free at 1-800-858-5505, or download the membership application here.
When you have completed your membership application, please mail it to:
OEA Membership Department
6900 SW Atlanta St.
Portland, OR 97223