Thank you for visiting the Oregon Education Association's (OEA) website. We appreciate your interest in OEA. Because we share your concern about privacy, we are letting you know how we collect information about you, what information we collect, how we use the information, under what circumstances we disclose it, and what choices are available to you regarding such data collection. This Privacy Statement covers information collected at the following OEA websites: www.oregoned.org and member.oregoned.org. For simplicity, we will refer to these as "our sites."
OEA uses "cookies" which are small files that allow us to store and sometimes track what you are looking at when you visit our sites. If you are concerned about the potential use of information gathered from your computer by "cookies," you can set your browser to prompt you before it accepts a cookie. Most Internet browsers have settings that let you identify or reject cookies.
Collection and Use of Non-personal Information
If you do nothing during your visit but browse, read pages, or download information, our sites' operating system will automatically record the following information about your visit.
- The Internet domain for your Internet service, such as "xcompany.com" or "xcompany.net" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourcollege.edu" if you connect from a college or university domain.
- The type of browser that you use, e.g., "Firefox" or "Microsoft Internet Explorer 8".
- The type of operating system that you use, e.g., Windows or Macintosh.
- The date and time you visit our site, and the Web pages that you visit on our site.
- The address of the previous web site you visited, if you linked with us from another web site.
This information is used to help us diagnose technical problems as well as to help us track user interests. We gather this information in the aggregate—as a total, not linked to individual users—and we may share it with our national and local affiliates, as well as with certain other reputable organizations that share our interests.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Many areas of our site are accessible without registration of any kind. Some of our services require personal identification in order to be effective. This includes, but is not limited to, our online activism center.
OEA collects and uses personal information that you provide for the purposes described below. By "personal information," we mean information that on its own can specifically identify you. Personal information you provide is stored in a secure location and is accessible only by designated staff. This may include, among other things, your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.
- E-mail Lists: If you choose to sign-up for our e-mail lists, we ask for your e-mail address and other personal information. We use this information to administer the e-mail lists and to track user interests. We may also use it to verify that you are an OEA member. If you choose to subscribe to a legislative e-mail list, we may use your zip code to send you individualized updates on your Members of Congress, your state legislators, or both.
Although we may share our member e-mail lists with our national and local Association affiliates for Association use only, we do not sell, lease, or rent these lists to any outside organizations.
If you wish to revoke your subscription to any e-mail list, please follow the instructions provided at the bottom of all e-mailings. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems revoking your subscription.
- Online Action Center: If you choose to use the online action center on our site to send a message, you will be required to provide personal identification information. Some of that information will be used to identify you as the message sender to the message recipient. The personal information collected will be stored in a secure location and will be accessible only by designated staff. It will be kept confidential.
- Feedback and other Contact Forms: While we do not ordinarily share personal information that you provide to us on feedback and other contact forms with third parties, depending on the reason(s) for your contact, it may be necessary to share personal information with third parties to comply with your request.
- Miscellaneous: You may choose to participate in other activities at our sites that may require you to disclose personal information. These activities may include polls, questionnaires, surveys, contests, etc. We will not share your information with any third-party organization without your explicit permission to do so.
Links to Other Sites
The privacy policies and practices contained in this Privacy Statement do not apply to ANY external links. The OEA Privacy Statement only applies to our sites or any future sites that we may develop. It does not cover sites that are linked to our sites for which we are not responsible ("linked-sites"). These linked-sites will have their own policies and practices, which may be different from ours. We therefore encourage you to familiarize yourself with the policies and practices of the linked-sites, especially if you provide personal information to them.
Note About Member Communications
OEA members have the option of requesting that the Association suppress some types of communication from OEA, NEA, and NEA Member Benefits. To learn about this option or make a request, contact OEA's Membership Department at (503) 684-3300 or (800) 858-5505.
Amendments and Consent to This Privacy Statement
OEA retains the right to amend or otherwise update this Privacy Statement at any time. By using our sites, you consent to the collection and use of the information as we have described. If we change our policies and practices, we will post the changes in our Privacy Statement so that you are always aware of them. With this knowledge, you can make an informed decision about whether you wish to provide personal information to us.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, contact email@example.com.