OEA Summer Leadership Conference
Building Our Collective Power
OEA's 2014 Summer Leadership Conference
July 29-31, 2014
The Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center
3075 N. Highway 97
Bend, OR 97701
OEA’s 2014 Summer Leadership Conference will build power to transform public education in Oregon through dynamic trainings that focus on our Mission, Vision and Core Values. OEA member participants will have the opportunity to choose from seven distinct tracks plus an assortment of workshops. These learning opportunities will help build leadership skills that will engage and build collective power among members and within our local communities.
Our Summer Leadership Conference respects our member’s diversity by ensuring that each of our members are supported and defended in the face of discrimination or hostility. Further, we are committed to integrating the educational needs of all our members including Higher Education, ESPs, ESDs, and Teachers. Key outcomes you can expect from your participation:
- Leave with a solid understanding of OEA’s mission, vision and core values
- Skills to lead the dialogue on social equity and community empowerment
- Skills to lead state and local political action
- Skills to lead education practice and policy on a local and state level
- Skills to build offensive campaigns around bargaining for revenue reform
- Built-in planning for In-Service week, October Week of Action and public engagement forums.
Read more about the seven tracks offered at the 2014 OEA Summer Leadership Conference.
NEW! Before you register, plan your best conference experience with our Summer Leadership Conference Participant Worksheet.