Summer Leadership Conference
Welcome to the 2016 OEA Summer Leadership Conference!
July 26 - 28, 2016
Sunriver Resort — Sunriver, Oregon
We are thrilled that you have chosen to spend part of your summer with us. OEA is committed to helping our members build their skills so that they can organize around issues in their locals and fight for the schools our students deserve. We believe that with the right mix of members, education, planning, and fun, we can build on our strengths toward a future greater than any of us thought possible on our own. Our time together will be jammed packed with learning and we will all come away with a shared vision for success this fall as we move forward with our Better Oregon Campaign.
Check out the 2016 OEA Summer Leadership Conference Brochure (pdf download)
- Sound Design: How Quality Assessment Practices Empower Meaningful Student Learning
- Unite, Inspire, Lead: Empowering Educators for Social Justice Activism
- Building a Better Oregon
- Strong Leaders, Strong Locals
Whether you have recently become involved with OEA, serve on your local bargaining team, have just been elected President, or want to help change the political landscape — there’s a training for you at this year’s Summer Leadership Conference.
Dear OEA Members,
Registration for the OEA Summer Leadership Conference has been amazing! Members have registered earlier than our record last year. Registration is now closed. Anyone registering after May 16, 2016 will be placed on a waiting list.
Bring a TEAM from Your Local
This year’s Summer Leadership Conference will be held at Sunriver Resort, just outside of Bend. We will be staying in condos with kitchens and living rooms. These accommodations will help facilitate local team’s discussion time to strategize the next steps for our Better Oregon campaign.
Building upon the success of our previous summer conferences, our four innovative tracks will reflect our Mission, Vision, and Core Values by providing the necessary skills to win our Better Oregon campaign, creating a dialogue on social equity & enhancing skills to lead the way on educational practices and policy in our locals and community and formulating strategies for offensive bargaining campaigns.
REGISTRATION: Registration deadline: June 26, 2016
- A charge of $25 will be invoiced to you if cancellations (or no shows) are made after June 7th.
- No exceptions! (due to contract timelines with the condo owners requiring 45 days notice.)
- Cancellation Deadline: June 7, 2016 * If you find a member to attend in your place the $25 cancellation fee will be waived.
- Please cancel in a timely manner.
- Registered participants will have their room reserved and paid for by OEA.
- Lodging will be primarily in condos with triple and quad occupancy.
- Indicate your roommates below, otherwise a roommate of the same gender will be assigned to you.
- OEA is encouraging teams to register together.
- Due to limited space, OEA will not be accommodating all requests for single occupancy rooms.
- OEA will do our best to respond for requests for a quiet condo (Condo quiet time hours: 10PM - 7AM)
- Tuesday, July 26th: Lunch and dinner.
- Wednesday, July 27th: Breakfast and lunch.
- Thursday, July 28th: Breakfast and lunch.
Eligible participants will be reimbursed mileage at 1/3 of the IRS rate and 2 cents per mile for each additional OEA member passenger.
Contact the OEA Union School: 541-743-4145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.